It's January and CMA Fest news is already getting out. Well, it's actually been getting out for several weeks now but Carrie Underwood is the first name to be announced as appearing at LP Field at CMA Fest. The Band Perry has been announced since then along with Jason Aldean. If you haven't been to CMA Fest week, I highly recommend it. It is a lot of fun and a great atmosphere.
Sticking with the music thing today, GAC did their annual fan voted top videos of the year. It was hosted by one of my favorites, Lady Antebellum. Just thought I would run down their top 50 videos.
1. Blake Shelton - "God Gave Me You"
2. Jason Aldean with Kelly Clarkson - "Don't You Wanna Stay"
3. Keith Urban - "Without You"
4. Jason Aldean - "Dirt Road Anthem"
5. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood - "Remind Me"
6. Blake Shelton - "Honey Bee"
7. Lady Antebellum - "Just A Kiss"
8. Alan Jackson - "Long Way To Go"
9. Scotty McCreery - "I Love You This Big"
10. Trace Adkins - "Just Fishin'"
11. Brad Paisley with Alabama - "Old Alabama"
12. Toby Keith - "Made In America"
13. Martina McBride - "I'm Gonna Love You Through It"
14. Chris Young - "Tomorrow"
15. Taylor Swift - "Mean"
16. Brad Paisley - "This Is Country Music"
17. Blake Shelton - "Footloose"
18. Lady Antebellum - "We Owned The Night"
19. Keith Urban - "Long Hot Summer"
20. Kenny Chesney with Grace Potter - "You and Tequila"
21. Jason Aldean - "Tattoos On This Town"
22. Scotty McCreery - "The Trouble With Girls"
23. Taylor Swift - "Back To December"
24. Tim McGraw - "Felt Good On My Lips"
25. Taylor Swift - "Sparks Fly"
26. Shania Twain - "Today Is Your Day"
27. Kellie Pickler - "Tough"
28. Jake Owen - "Barefoot Blue Jean Night"
29. Billy Currington - "Let Me Down Easy"
30. Lauren Alaina - "Like My Mother Does"
31. Justin Moore - "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away"
32. Loretta Lynn, Sheryl Crow, & Miranda Lambert - "Coal Miner's Daughter"
33. Rascal Flatts - "I Won't Let Go"
34. Zac Brown Band - "Knee Deep"
35. Zac Brown Band - "Colder Weather"
36. Reba McEntire - "When Love Gets A Hold Of You"
37. Alison Krauss and Union Station - "Paper Airplane"
38. Reba McEntire - "Somebody's Chelsea"
39. Josh Turner - "I Wouldn't Be A Man"
40. Sugarland - "Tonight"
41. Billy Currington - "Love Done Gone"
42. Martina McBride - "Teenage Daughters"
43. Reba McEntire - "If I Were A Boy"
44. Ashton Shepherd - "Look It Up"
45. Rascal Flatts and Natasha Bedingfield - "Easy"
46. Pistol Annies - "H*** on Heels"
47. Gloriana - "Wanna Take You Home"
48. Luke Bryan - "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)"
49. Toby Keith - "Red Solo Cup"
50. The Band Perry - "You Lie"
I watched quite a bit of the X-Factor over the last few months. I stopped watching about midway through though mostly cause it was so hard to watch. I'm talking about length wise. These episodes were just way too long especially on a weekly basis that I just couldn't keep up. Finding the show to view if your DVR misses it was frustrating too. There were times when the show was bumped from its timeslot during the season cause of other programming. Not available to watch online at all. When I found it available to watch On Demand, there were two frustrations with it. One was the fact that every episode was only available for something like three days to watch which kept you limited especially if you wanted to view several to get caught up. Two was the fact that they wouldn't let you fast forward at all through the On Demand viewings. What frustrated me with that was that if I didn't watch all of an episode in one viewing, I couldn't fast forward it to where I left off. It does hold your spot for 24 hours or so but what if I'm not able to get back to it in 24 hours? I don't want to watch the same hour and a half that I just watched. So, I just finally gave up on trying to keep up with the show. I did enjoy it with what I saw of it and there was a lot of strong talent on there.
Live With Kelly has been a lot of fun so far. I laugh at these articles that keep popping up about how it is down to a certain list of candidates. I don't think the show even knows who they are going to narrow it down to. We're still in the "dating" stage at this point cause it does feel like a dating game. LOL. Watching and looking for chemistry. The best so far though has been Neil Patrick Harris's week when he co-hosted. The two have a lot of chemistry together but Neil is of course locked down on another TV show so that isn't an option. If you didn't see the clip of Kelly, Neil, and Science Bob, well, you missed a lot! The most I've laughed at TV in a long time!
Since I'm talking about Kelly's, let's talk about another one. Kelly Clarkson. I'm currently listening to her new album and am loving it so far. This album is everything that I have loved about Kelly Clarkson over the years. Hopefully, I can do a full review of this album in the near future. If you haven't seen her video for "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", check it out. It is a lot of fun including a flash mob.
Revenge has been one of the big hits of the new fall season. I didn't feel a lot of buzz about the new fall TV season overall this year but Revenge has been one of those shows that has broken out of the pack. I haven't seen it and can't comment on it but I wouldn't mind checking it out just for Emily Van Camp. I think she is a definite talent.
Is anyone else as glued to Friends reruns on Nick at Nite as I am? I can't turn them off once I get started. I've seen these episodes over and over again and I'm still laughing at the same jokes. One of my favorites aired the other night with the episode of the bet over Monica and Rachel's apartment. Just one of those feel good shows that you enjoy sitting down after a long day and watching and laughing at to finish the night.
Hope that you all are having a great 2012 so far!! Take care and God bless!!